Thursday, July 25, 2013

Zombicide survivor proxy - Kim


my project of making the proxy of zombicide promo survivors continues.

Didn't thought of using KIM in the first place, because I didn't know what 'Webbing' is meant for, plus the character isn't too attractive.
Now that I know what that skill is for (webbing: all equipment are treated as in hand) and it fits with her ... magician? outfit pretty well, then I decided to look at my shelf again and see if I got something close enough as a proxy

Introducing Colette, the leader of the showgirls team in the Showgirls team in the world of Malifaux. Again one of the first set of miniatures I got aside from GW mini.  Used to love the miniatures by 

Wyrd and the Malifaux characters, but now that they had changed artist and they started using digital sculpting, the miniatures are not as lively  and ... less organic.
anyway, It's poorly painted, the paints are very thick and most of the details are lost. even cleaning her took longer than I though.  Good that it's a metal mini and brushing it clean took a lot less care.

I think she is a close enough proxy, although Kim is more of a bar tender or detective while Colette is more of a magician.  Oh well, I can make due with it.


I guess the skirt would be the center of attention when she is facing the other way.  A pistol will be placed on her hand, might even add some blood to her boots... may be.  bloody character is really not my thing.  It wasn't a good airbrushing attempt, I didn't do the highlight white enough... oh well.

After a night of repainting her, I like what I did with her face and the red highlight.  Now I think I get the hang of thinning down the paint and painting with much less paint on the brush.
Also this will be my first attempt to properly paint black shiny clothing. Current method is to paint (or more like dotting) deep gray on the darker regions, then gradually added more black paint to the grey paint to deepen the shadows.  Since I am loading very little paint on the brush it is a lot easier to do gradient.

Side note: I just spent another USD150 on buying miniatures for this game.  The good thing about painting for gaming purpose is that I get to paint miniatures that I won't normally paint, such as male miniatures or mini that are not at display quality.  And because of the urge to use them in game asap I am painting a lot faster too.  So all in all it's an investment to my painting hobby.


Trigger-happy gunslingers, misguided Victorian science, hungry undead, and monsters hidden in every shadow; these are the terrors that will plague you in Malifaux. Are you willing to risk your soul for a chance at great wealth and power? Because it's the only thing you have worth trading. In Malifaux, you lead your crew in the battle for control of The Breach, a dark portal to a world of limitless magic.
All aboard! Malifaux is the end of the line.

Zombicide is a collaborative game for 1 to 6 players, ages 13 and up. A game can last for 30mn (beginner board) to 4 hours (expert board).
Zombicide gamebox
Each player controls between one (for 6 players) and four (solo game) survivors, human trapped in a zombie-infested town. In fact, "survivors" quickly change to "hunters" to smash zombies through and through. However, the team must constantly maintain a balance between survival and slaughter, for as the zombicide continues, the Danger Level increases, and the infected grow in numbers. Any misstep can turn to disaster.
Zombicide is a fun and easy game with cool miniatures in an archetypical, popular and comics-inspired environment. Ambiance is constantly balanced between "beat'em up" and "survival horror" as survivors keep switching from prey to predators. Humor and gloom happily marry in a zombie-fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...